AMERICAN LIBRARY ASSOCIATION
- Minimum Digitization Capture Recommendations (June 2012 draft) http://connect.ala.org/files/43293/MCTF_Draft_Recommendation.pdf
A document created as a guideline for libraries digitizing materials with the goal of not having to re-digitize materials at a later date.
ARCHIVES OUTSIDE: DIGITISING YOUR COLLECTION
A five part blog that focuses on collections about New South Wales, but provides good information about project planning, technical specifications, handling materials, creating metadata and providing access
- Part 1: Project Planning
- Part 2: The Golden Rule of Digitisation
- Part 3: Technical Specifications
- Part 4: Scanning and Handling Tips
- Part 5: Metadata and Access
- Options for downloading this entire series as a PDF can be found here
ASSOCIATION OF RESEARCH LIBRARIES
- Digital Curation for Preservation (part of New Roles for New Times: An ARL Report Series in Development)
Report focuses on how digital curation must be an integral part of the preservation of materials at research institutions.
CALIFORNIA DIGITAL LIBRARY
- CDL Digital File Format Recommendations: Master Production Files
Provides recommendations for image, text, audio, and video master files that are for long-term storage and creating derivative copies
- CDL Guidelines for Digital Objects
Provides specifications for digital objects that will be submitted to CDL for preservation and access. While it does not cover all administrative, technical, and operational issues involved with creating digital objects, it does provide a set of guidelines for others with a similar goal.
LIBRARY OF CONGRESS
- American Memory Project – Building Digital Collections: A Technical Overview
Documentation about the current technological problems and solutions encountered by the American Memory Project.
- Digital Preservation
Provides links to LOC digital preservation projects and to resources and educational opportunities.
- Digital Preservation Outreach & Education
A list of training courses regarding digital preservation.
- The Signal (Digital Preservation Blog)
NATIONAL DIGITAL STEWARDSHIP ALLIANCE
- Digital Preservation in a Box
Designed as a toolkit to support outreach activities that introduce basic concepts of digital preservation.
- Digital Preservation Resources
- Preserving Legal Materials in Digital Formats (September 2005)
- Best Practices (CDP Best Practices)
Includes resources for digital images and digital audio.
SMITHSONIAN INSTITUTION ARCHIVES
- Digitization Standards for Still Images
DIGITAL PRESERVATION GRANTS
- Preservation and Access Research and Development grants
- Projects that Develop Digital Products
INSTITUTIONAL REPOSITORY RESOURCES
ASSOCIATION FOR LIBRARY COLLECTIONS & TECHNICAL SERVICES
- Resources for Institutional Repositories
- Institutional Repository and ETD Bibliography 2011