A grant to cover the cost of registration and travel expenses may be awarded to support attendance at AALL sponsored educational events related to technical services (to include but not limited to cataloging, preservation, acquisitions, collection development, serials, electronic resources and management). Active Member Grants provide reimbursement for expenses incurred at AALL affiliated programs.
- financial need
- desire for professional development, engagement, or scholarly activity
- active member of TS-SIS who has participated in TS-SIS and AALL activities (for example, committee chairs, conference speakers, and TSLL)
- preference will be given to individuals who have not previously attended an AALL-sponsored educational event or awarded a TS-SIS sponsored grant
Each applicant must submit:
- A resume that inlcudes current position and relevant previous positions
- Application form (Word Version) which includes:
- evidence of professional involvement
- estimate of expenses for attending the event
- statement of how much financial support will be provided by the applicant’s employer
- brief statement (200 words maximum) explaining how attendance supports the applicant’s career or professional goals
- one (1) reference letters supporting the application by individuals who are familiar with the applicant’s work or the applicant’s interest in professional development as a technical services law librarian
All application materials must be received by the Awards Committee Chair by May 1, 2023.
Each recipient will be expected to:
- volunteer to be a mentor in AALL Mentor Match service
- write an article about their experience at the educational event for TSLL. Coordinate with TSLL editor for timing of article (Annual Meeting issue deadline is usually late August).
- attend the TS-SIS business meeting, virtually, or onsite if being held at the AALL Annual Meeting