A grant to cover the cost of registration and travel expenses may be awarded to support attendance at AALL sponsored educational events related to technical services (to include but not limited to cataloging, preservation, acquisitions, collection development, serials, electronic resources and management). Grants will not be awarded for non-AALL affiliated programs.
- financial need
- individuals who have not received a TS-SIS sponsored grant in past five (5) years
- active member of TS-SIS who has participated in TS-SIS and AALL activities (for example, committee chairs, conference speakers, and TSLL)
Each applicant must submit:
- A resume that inlcudes current position and relevant previous positions
- Application form (Word Version) which includes:
- evidence of professional involvement
- estimate of expenses for attending the event
- statement of how much financial support will be provided by the applicant’s employer
- brief statement (200 words maximum) explaining how attendance will help applicant achieve professional goals
- two (2) reference letters supporting the application by individuals who are familiar with the applicant’s work or the applicant’s interest in professional development as a technical services law librarian
All application materials must be received by the Awards Committee Chair by March 20, 2020.
Each recipient will be expected to:
- volunteer to be a mentor in AALL Mentor Match service
- write an article about their experience at the educational event for TSLL. Coordinate with TSLL editor for timing of article (Annual Meeting issue deadline is usually late August).
- attend the TS-SIS business meeting, if at AALL Annual Meeting