A grant to cover the cost of registration and travel expenses may be awarded to support attendance at AALL-sponsored educational events related to technical services (to include but not limited to cataloging, preservation, acquisitions, collection development, serials, electronic resources and management). Grants will not be awarded for non-AALL affiliated programs.
- financial need
- member of TS-SIS for five (5) or fewer years
- have not received a TS-SIS sponsored educational grant previously
- desire for professional engagement
- preference will be given to individuals who have not previously attended an AALL-sponsored educational event
Each applicant must submit:
- A resume that includes current position and relevant previous positions
- Application form (Word Version) which includes:
- estimate of expenses for attending the event
- statement of how much financial support will be provided by the applicant’s employer
- brief statement (200 words maximum) explaining how attendance will help applicant achieve professional goals
- two (2) reference letters supporting the application by individuals who are familiar with the applicant’s work or the applicant’s interest in professional development as a technical services law librarian
All application materials must be received by the Awards Committee Chair by March 20, 2020.
Each recipient will be expected to:
- serve on a TS-SIS committee of their choosing the next term
- write an article about their experience at the educational event for TSLL. Coordinate with TSLL editor for timing of article (Annual Meeting issue deadline is usually late August).
- attend the TS-SIS business meeting, if at AALL Annual Meeting