A grant to cover the cost of registration and travel expenses may be awarded to support attendance at AALL sponsored educational events related to technical services (to include but not limited to cataloging, preservation, acquisitions, collection development, serials, electronic resources and management). The Experienced Member Grants provide reimbursement for expenses incurred at AALL affiliated programs.
- financial need
- member of TS-SIS for six (6) or more years
- desire for professional engagement
- preference will be given to individuals who have not previously attended an AALL-sponsored educational event or awarded a TS-SIS sponsored grant
Each applicant must submit:
- A resume that includes current position and relevant previous positions
- Application Form which includes:
- estimate of expenses for attending the event
- statement of how much financial support will be provided by the applicant’s employer
- brief statement (200 words maximum) explaining how attendance supports the applicant’s career or professional goals
- one (1) reference letters supporting the application by individuals who are familiar with the applicant’s work or the applicant’s interest in professional development as a technical services law librarian
All application materials must be received by the TS-SIS Awards Committee Chair by May 1, 2024.
Each recipient will be expected to:
- serve on a TS-SIS committee of their choosing the next term
- write an article about their experience at the educational event for TSLL. Coordinate with TSLL editor for timing of article (Annual Meeting issue deadline is usually late August).
- attend the TS-SIS business meeting, virtually, or onsite if being held at the AALL Annual Meeting