The Metadata Management Standing Committee addresses issues pertaining to the cataloging and classification of legal resources.
See the TS-SIS Handbook for more information about the committee.
Responsibilities of the Co-Chairs
- Sets the agenda and presides over the standing committee meetings held during the American Association of Law Libraries (AALL) Annual Meeting.
- Organizes the Metadata Management Roundtable during AALL Annual Meeting.
- Submits the Annual Report and the Minutes of the AALL Annual Meeting.
- Serves as Ex Officio member of the TS-SIS Education Committee and solicits or submits programs and workshop proposals to the TS-SIS Education Committee.
- Appoints the chairs of the Metadata Policy and Standards Advisory Group (MPSAG) and the Vendor-Supplied Records Advisory Working Group (VRAG).
- Appoints the chair of the Heads of Cataloging in Large Libraries Roundtable.
- Appoints the facilitators of the Metadata Management Roundtable.
- Keeps members of the Metadata Management Standing Committee informed of the activities of the working groups, committees and subcommittees.
Any members in good standing of TS-SIS, who express an interest in volunteering, are appointed by the chair. Members are expected to:
- Respond in an informed and timely manner to calls of the chair.
- Contribute to discussions or consultations initiated by the chair.
- Annual Reports
- Working Groups & Roundtables
- Best Practices
- Cataloging Resources
- SACO Law Funnel
- Ask an Expert
Alexis Zirpoli, co-chair
University of Michigan Law School – Law Library
Shawn King, co-chair
University of Wisconsin