METADATA POLICY AND STANDARDS ADVISORY GROUP (MPSAG)
To support the work of liaisons to other professional organizations and of TS-SIS colleagues by advising and initiating discussions on policies and standards for description, classification, subject analysis, and content designation.
- Annual reports
- Electronic discussion list available through My Communities
- Advise and make recommendations to the AALL liaisons to the ALA Committee on Cataloging: Description & Access (CC:DA), ALA Subject Analysis Committee (SAC), Library of Congress MARC Advisory Committee (MAC) on policies and standards for all aspects of metadata creation and management, development and revision of cataloging codes and metadata schema, development and implementation of thesauri, vocabularies, and term lists and revision of content standards for the promotion of linked data compatibility and metadata exchange.
- Share regularly with TS-SIS members information regarding current developments and issues in all areas of metadata management, particularly in regards to legal resources.
- Advise the Chair of the Metadata Management Committee as needed and recommend the formation of ad hoc working groups on matters of best practices, guidelines, policies, and standards relating to all aspects of metadata creation and management for legal resources.
- Submit an annual written report of the advisory group?s activities to the Chair of the Metadata Management Committee and the TS-SIS Website Coordinator.
- Give oral reports during the Metadata Management Committee meeting and roundtable meetings as needed during the AALL Annual Meeting.
- Prepare agenda for MPSAG meeting during AALL Annual Meeting when scheduled.
- Keep the Chair of the Metadata Management Committee informed of the advisory group?s activities throughout the year.
- Any members in good standing of TS-SIS may apply in writing to serve during a call for volunteers made by the Chair of the Metadata Management Committee.
- The current chair(s) of the advisory group will select and appoint new members, in consultation with the Chair of the Metadata Management Committee.
- Respond in an informed and timely manner to requests for review and feedback from the AALL liaisons to national committees.
- Respond in an informed and timely manner to any concerns or questions directed to MPSAG by other members of the law library community.
- Actively engage in discussions initiated by any member of the advisory group, and contribute to the development of recommendations to the Chair of the Metadata Management for further actions in the form of ad hoc working groups.
- Bring to the attention of fellow members of the advisory group any development or issue regarding metadata creation and management that needs discussion and possible further action.
Keiko Okuhara, MM co-chair, ex-officio
Jesse Lambertson, MM co-chair, ex officio
Rachel Decker, MAC liaison, ex officio
Cate Kellett, SAC liaison, ex officio
Ryan Tamares, CC:DA liaison, ex officio
Anne Mellot, co-chair
Christina Tarr, co-chair