COMPETENCIES + SKILLS
PROMOTION OF VALUE
- Create a vision for the organization based on its values and help others see its importance and their role in it.
- Develop strong presentation skills, including persuasive and confident speech, meaningful visual aids, and use of appropriate technologies.
- Build strong relationships and rapport with key stakeholders.
- Use assessment metrics to evaluate use and services, and deliver key metrics to stakeholders to show return on investment (ROI).
- Identify the needs and preferences of users.
- Analyze all aspects of a user’s interaction with the organization and its services.
- Create promotional opportunities where targeted users will naturally encounter them.
- Solicit and incorporate feedback.
PARTNERSHIPS + COMMUNITY RELATIONSHIPS
- Promote the role of law libraries and legal information within the larger community.
- Coordinate and share services to achieve the best institution-wide solution.
- Identify opportunities to establish or enhance partnerships and community relationships.
- Coordinate individual efforts with national and local professional organizations.
- Champion new ways to share legal information expertise and promote services both inside and outside the organization.
- Work to secure access to justice through ensuring reliable, long-term access to authentic legal resources.
- Engage in outreach to local, state, and national lawmakers and propose policy solutions to legal information issues.
- Promote legal information services to those in need.