Maximize Your AALL Experience
Learn more about the benefits of AALL membership.
- Special Interest Sections (SISs’) Join groups of legal information professionals who share similar interests, job functions, and work environments as you. SIS’s specialized educational programs, newsletters, leadership, and networking opportunities focusing on 14 areas of interest in law librarianship, such as Academic Law Libraries; Private Law Librarians & Information Professionals; Government Law Libraries; Research Instruction & Patron Services; Technical Services; and more.
- Caucuses Connect with AALL members who share similar interests and characteristics as you. AALL currently has 16 caucuses, including the Animal Law Caucus, First-Gen Professionals Caucus, and the Research Crits Caucus.
- My Communities Subscribe to specialized online discussion groups in your areas of interest to keep up with topics, resources, and information that are important to you and your job.
- Member Search Easily find your AALL colleagues by name, library, location, or experience.
- Social Media Communities Join the AALL communities on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- AALL Annual Meeting The place to meet up with old friends, and make new ones, the AALL Annual Meeting is the premier education and networking event for legal information professionals.
Continuing Professional Education
- AALL Annual Meeting & Conference An essential learning and networking opportunity for legal information professionals, the conference features educational programs, workshops, vendor exhibits, abundant social opportunities, an on-site Career Center, and more. Go home inspired and energized with innovative techniques and strategies to benefit your library and users.
- Webinars Complimentary monthly webinars explore specific subject areas in depth. Recent programs have included “The Ferengi Mindset: Library Leadership Under the Rules of Acquisition,” and “Law Librarians & Legal Information Professionals as Partners in the Access to Justice Movement.”
- AALL eLearning Your online center for on-demand professional development, AALL eLearning gives you access all of AALL’s recorded educational events, including AALL Annual Meeting & Conference programs, live education, webinars, and more.
- Leadership Academy Designed as an intensive learning experience to develop essential leadership skills, it includes practical and interactive discussions, assessments, small group activities, and mini-presentations.
- Management Institute Learn to manage with confidence. The Institute provides new and aspiring managers from all types of law libraries the opportunity to collaborate in small groups and learn from their colleagues as they develop the skills to deal with difficult people, develop a strategic plan, build partnerships, and more.
- CALI Lessons Gain free access to the full set of online lessons hosted by the Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction; use the lessons as legal refreshers or as introductions to unfamiliar legal subjects.
- Knowledge Center Locate legal information and library resources on a variety of topics important to today’s legal information professionals.
- Career Center Find a job; fill a job. The Career Center is the online job board for legal information professionals. Post your resume and browse jobs based on criteria that best match your career goals. Employers can use the Career Center to reach qualified candidates and take advantage of the resume search.
- AALL Biennial Salary Survey Find competitive information on law library salaries nationwide and trend data on library budgets and staffing. AALL members receive free access to the survey online.
- Drexel University Online Advance your career with a library science degree. AALL members and immediate family receive a 25 percent tuition reduction.
- AALL Spectrum Published bimonthly, AALL Spectrum contains engaging and informative articles on topics of interest to law librarians, as well as news about Association and member activities
- Law Library Journal Published quarterly, LLJ offers scholarly analyses and publication opportunities for members.
- Publications Archive through HeinOnLine, gain free access to more than 100 years of AALL publications, including all past issues of AALL Spectrum, Law Library Journal, and the AALL eNewsletter.
- KnowItAALL stay on top of professional news you can use. This daily newsletter delivered straight to your inbox highlights legal information, industry trends, law, technology, library, and career development topics—including AALL member expertise and resources.
- Leadership Academy Train for leadership roles by acquiring both the self-awareness and strategies you need to emerge as a leader within your organization and the profession.
- Committees & Juries Volunteer to serve on one of AALL’s standing committees and juries to develop your leadership skills.
- Special Interest Sections & Caucuses AALL’s special interest sections and/or caucuses, provide a wealth of leadership opportunities.
- Scholarships Each year AALL awards scholarships to assist individuals in achieving their goal of becoming a law librarian and with their educational expenses.
- Grants Receive funding to attend AALL educational activities and conduct research on behalf of law librarianship.
- Government Relations AALL’s Government Relations Office works hard to influence the outcome of legal information, technology policy, and librarianship issues of concern to AALL members on the local, state, federal, and international levels.
- Vendor Relations Through our Committee on Relations with Information Vendors and our vendor liaison, AALL strives to foster positive, constructive, and open communication between information vendors and legal information professionals.