|Dec/Jan||Awards "Call for Nominations" via AALL eNewsletter, AALL Communities, Listservs, and AALL Spectrum|
|February 1||Nominations Due|
|March||Nomination Review and Selection|
|April 1||Deadline for Award Recipient Forms (every award must be submitted on the "Award Recipient" form in order to appear in the awards brochure).|
|April 15||Letters to be sent via email to the award recipients and other appropriate parties. Information regarding the awards, breakfast and presentation will be included.|
|April 25||eBriefing to announce all award winners to the membership.|
AALL Award Recipient Information Form Due APRIL 1.
- Notify recipient(s) of award. Verify with the recipient the information needed for the Award Recipient form (see form procedures below). It is important to confirm with the recipient how they want their name and/or institution information to appear.
- Inform recipient that award disclosure is confidential until the official AALL announcement in late April.
- Notify the person(s) who submitted the winning nomination. Inform the nominator(s) that award disclosure is confidential until the official AALL announcement in late April.
- Notify the individuals who submitted nominations that were not chosen. The notification should thank the individual for taking the time to submit the nomination and note that the committee/jury chose another recipient from the pool of nominations.
Award Recipient Information Form Procedures
- In the "Name of Recipient" box, indicate the name of the award winner (individual, institution, business, chapter etc.) BE SURE TO CONFIRM with the award winner how the name should appear.
- In the "Institution" box, include the name of the institution, exactly as the award recipient wants it to appear.
- Please fill in the box labeled "Contact Name" only in the event where the award recipient is an entity, institution, product, or company. This way we have the contact name of the person that has been notified of the award.
- Please note that the "Name of the Recipient" serves as the official name of the award winner and this information will be used in the following when and if applicable:
- Awards brochure
- Monthly News
- AALL Spectrum
- Signage at Annual Meeting
- Press releases
- If a committee or jury decides that no award will be given, enter "no award given" in the "Name of Recipient" box. Enter "n/a" for all other required fields so that the form can be submitted.
- If you have any questions regarding the Award Recipient Information form, please contact:
Kimberly E. Rundle
Leadership Services Coordinator