The purpose of the AALL/Bloomberg Law Continuing Education Grant Program is to encourage educational program development and promote program sharing among AALL entities. The application guidelines will be reviewed and revised periodically to continue meeting the goals of the program. Grant requests for educational programming are accepted electronically and reviewed by the AALL/Bloomberg Law Continuing Education Grant Jury.
Read all information on this page and review these web pages and documents:
- AALL/Bloomberg Law Continuing Education Grant Application
- AALL/Bloomberg Law Continuing Education Grant FAQs
- Program Development Checklist
2022-2023 Grant Timeline
October 31, 2022 – Proposals due to AALL Headquarters
December 9, 2022 – Announcement of funded grants
November 2023 – Deadline for expenditure of funds
May 15, 2023 – Proposals due to AALL Headquarters
June 23, 2023 – Announcement of funded grants
May 2024 – Deadline for expenditure of funds
The AALL/Bloomberg Law Continuing Education Grant Program is open to AALL chapters, SISs, member institutions, caucuses, committees, and individual AALL members.
Grant funds assist in providing quality and ongoing continuing education programming outside of AALL educational programs. Grant funds may be used for speaker fees, venue, conference/webinar platforms, etc.
Grant funds cannot be used for food, advertisement, or gifts for speakers. Grant funds cannot be used to support programs promoting vendor products.
The AALL/Bloomberg Law Continuing Education Grant will be awarded twice a year by the AALL/Bloomberg Law Continuing Education Grant Jury based on grant criteria.
Decisions on grant funding will be based, in part, on the following criteria:
- Need for the program
- Possible distribution of the program to a wider audience within the AALL community
Those applying for grants will develop the educational content, identify relevant speakers and/or presenters, and propose delivery options, including venue for in-person programs. Download the AALL Program Development Checklist and the AALL/Bloomberg Law Continuing Education Grant FAQs for more information.
Applications for the AALL/Bloomberg Law Continuing Education Grant Program will be accepted for any dollar amount, and for the following purposes, including, but not limited to:
- Program content development of varying lengths
- Funding a partnership between an SIS and a chapter
- Specific shortfall in the planning budget for an already planned program
- Start-up funds for an innovative format
RECENT GRANT AWARDS INCLUDE:
- Pay Equity for Law Librarians: “In Their Own Words” (BLL SIS)
- Critical Law Librarianship (LLNE-SNELLA Spring Meeting)
- 2022 Diversity Summit
- 2022 NOCALL Spring Institute
- Get Refusal & Domestic Violence in the Jewish Community: Culturally Competent Services from Civil and Halachic Perspectives
GRANT RECIPIENTS AGREE TO:
- Identify a grant coordinator responsible for meeting grant requirements.
- Send AALL information about the program to post on the Calendar of Events on AALLNET.
- Offer AALL members the same registration rate as extended to members of the sponsoring entity.
- Obtain speaker/copyright releases from all speakers.
- Submit disbursement request to AALL at conclusion of program.
- Recognize AALL as a sponsor in all marketing (including email and other electronic announcements of the program) and registration materials. The following tag line must be used with or without the AALL logo: This program is made possible by a grant from the AALL/Bloomberg Law Continuing Education Grants Program.
- Work with AALL director of education and learning and other staff (if needed) on project scope, budget, and additional support as needed to ensure a successful program.
- Submit a final report 10 business days after close of program.
READY TO APPLY?
Complete the AALL/Bloomberg Law Continuing Education Grant Application with as much detail as you can provide. The description of the program content should be 100–400 words.
Please note that a grant may not be used for an AALL webinar. Those interested in submitting an AALL webinar proposal will need to use the webinar proposal form to submit a proposal. Please refer to webinar proposal criteria for details.
- AALL Grants