COMPETENCIES + SKILLS
KNOWLEDGE OF LAW + LEGAL SYSTEMS
- Develop basic understanding of relevant legal systems and areas of law.
- Demonstrate ability to identify jurisdiction and legal issues.
- Analyze the interrelationship of primary legal materials.
- Develop expertise in core subjects needed to support the organization.
KNOWLEDGE + NAVIGATION OF INFORMATION SOURCES
- Construct and apply research plans.
- Identify and locate relevant primary and secondary legal authority across subject areas.
- Differentiate among information sources for relevance, authority, and currency.
- Choose the most efficient and cost-effective legal and nonlegal information sources.
- Employ varied finding tools and research methods.
- Keep pace with new tools and content.
CRITICAL EVALUATION + SYNTHESIS OF INFORMATION
- Analyze information and identify the most relevant content.
- Organize information into logical sequence.
- Identify and address gaps in information.
- Integrate findings and analysis into high-quality work product.
ETHICAL USE OF INFORMATION
- Comply with all confidentiality and security requirements.
- Adhere to and advocate for professional and legal guidelines regarding legitimate uses of information.
- Appraise and communicate source authenticity and reliability.