The Advisory Board serves in an advisory capacity to the general editor of the Index to Foreign Legal Periodicals.
The Advisory Board works with the general editor on the following:
- Suggests new journals to be indexed
- Suggests improvements to the Index platform currently on HeinOnline
- Assists with developing new tools for marketing or teaching
- Other projects as assigned by the general editor (for example, creating criteria for the evaluation of new journals or working with other librarians who have subject/jurisdictional expertise)
Members of the Advisory Board will meet virtually on a regular basis to carry out their work.
Expertise and proven work experience in international, foreign and comparative legal research and collection development (or some sort of equivalent experience); work experience in these areas for at least two years; and foreign language abilities beyond English. Members must be able to meet deadlines and dedicate the time needed to complete the assigned work.
Membership on the Advisory Board will be one year, with possible renewal based on the mutual decision of the member and the general editor.
The Board shall consist of the general editor, who will serve as chair, five members, and a non-voting Executive Board and staff liaison.
- Goal 1: Championing Excellence
- Goal 2: Professional Growth
- Goal 5: Advocacy