The State of the Profession Report Committee reviews, updates, and makes improvements to the existing State of the Profession Survey and Report. The purpose of the State of Profession Report is to provide law librarians and legal information professions and their institutions with the information needed to assess current services and practices, and strategically prepare for the future.
The committee shall:
- Review, update, and improve the Survey, which consists of two questionnaires: one for institutions and one for individuals for each library type (Academic, Firm/Corporate, and Government)
- Review diversity-related questions to ensure they are up-to-date; consult with the Diversity & Inclusion Committee for their input and suggestions
- Consult as needed with SISs during the course of reviewing and editing the Survey questionnaires
- Promote completion of the Survey to membership through SIS, chapter, and listserv channels
- Work with the staff liaison to ensure the Survey is conducted according to best practices
- Following the collection of members’ responses to the Survey questionnaires, review the Report and provide input prior to publication
Complete responsibilities as assigned by Chair. The time commitment is up to six hours a month, depending on the time of year, and also the cycle of the biennial release of the Report. Prior to sending the Survey to the membership, the committee will follow the schedule created by the Chair and will work to ensure the Survey is updated and reflective of current trends and technology. In a year when the Report will be published, the committee will review the draft and provide input prior to publication.
Membership on the committee shall be for two years.
The State of the Profession Report Committee consists of 10 members (including a Chair and a Vice Chair), an Executive Board liaison, and an AALL staff liaison. The liaisons are not members of the committee.
STRATEGIC DIRECTIONS COMPLIANCE
- Goal I: Talent
- Goal II: Engagement
- Goal III: Alliances
RELATIONSHIP TO OTHER COMMITTEES/STRUCTURES
Consults with the Diversity & Inclusion Committee and SISs.